15 January 2010. Musée Quai Branly, Paris.
Instead of assuming any adult responsibility and *working* today, I hopped a train to Paris. Played in the Parthenon, a strange sculpture garden, Shakespeare & Company, and beside Notre Dame. Met up with Danny & Karl, and after devouring falafel we went to the Musée Quai Branly to look at "tribal shit." Didn't make it to the Tenochtitlan exhibit, the reason I wanted to visit in the first place, but the trip was definitely worthwhile. The collection of "tribal shit" is one of the most impressive that I've ever seen, and it is displayed beautifully. I don't understand what the outside of the building has to do with what was going on inside. Nevertheless, thank you, Jack Chirac, for this gem.
Apologies for the clumsy writing. Eloquence or regularity, choose one. Can't have 'em both.
Apologies for the clumsy writing. Eloquence or regularity, choose one. Can't have 'em both.

No comments:
Post a Comment